Sunday, September 5, 2010

cake pops

I first saw cake pops by an awesome blogger bakerella.  I thought these little things and the way she designed them were soooo cute.  I decided to make some for my family and we had some extra's (I'm on a Medifast diet, otherwise I would eat them all myself!) so I had my husband take them to work.  And so it started, his coworkers asked him if I could make some for them and that they would pay me...so I made some more, and, yup, they paid me!

My sister, Donna,  and I had talked about opening up a business years ago, but we both said, "I would do it, but I don't know how to do the business part.. I just bake and make cards..."  so our plans always went on the backburner. 

I made a couple more arrangements and posted the pictures on my Facebook page.   I got a lot of great encouraging comments telling me I should start a business, then one day my cousin, Christine, sends me a text that basically said, if we want to start something, she could take care of the business part of it!  "Holy Moly!", I thought.  I quickly told my sister, and things just started coming together from there.  We all have a love for baking AND making homemade cards, so we decided to incorporate all of that into our business. 

So, here we are, all baking, trying out new recipes, giving out samples and making greeting cards.   We've already got a couple of orders lined up for the rest of the year and early next year.  We are so excited to start this family buisness and are soooo greatful to all our family and friends who have already shown so much support.  Who knows, maybe one day we'll have our own little bakery/store someday!!!  We're keeping our fingers crossed! :D  

-Jennifer Anne

Thanks for reading our blog!!!  Check back soon for our brochure & price list!!!  If you have any questions, contact us at joannemichelletreats@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Keep dreaming BIG, I know you guys can make it!
    Everything looks great so far.
    Post your first sale or party. Send out invites to the moms in your school;
    Give out a freebie at your school's auction - just to get advertising.
    I'm so - so excited, I'm doing cartwheels!!
    Keep me posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ate Jen!!! We're excited too!!! We can't believe we already have monthly orders to the beginning of next year AND a couple of weddings. Your pointers are very much welcomed and appreciated!!! :D
    pics coming VERY soon!

    ReplyDelete